Regularly-scheduled public programs are typically offered on Fridays during the OSU Academic year. Advance reservation of seats are through Eventbrite is strongly encouraged for guaranteed seating. Seats are filled first by those with reserved seats, and then walk-ins on a first-come, first serve basis. All planetarium shows are presented by students and faculy in OSU Department of Astronomy or the planetarium director.
Seat reservations may be made on Eventbrite, beginning one week before the show at the show's start-time. Many of our shows are sold out within 24 hours so it is a good idea to reserve your seat early. **Remember, it is not necessary to print out paper tickets! E-registration puts your name and reservation into our system so just come and enjoy the show.
- The Sky Tonight
- Friday, October 24th, at 7:00 PM (Sold Out)
- Voyage Through the Solar System
- Friday, October 24th, at 8:00 PM (Sold Out)
- Shows geared toward younger audiences
- Friday, October 31th, Spooky Star Stories
October Special Events
- Thursday October 23rd, starting at 5pm Solar Eclipse - Shows and Telescope Viewing on the roof of Smith Lab, No reservations needed.
- Saturday, October 25th, from 2pm to 5pm - Parent and Family Weekend -- 30 minute shows, No reservations needed.
- November 7th, 7 & 8 PM (Program TBA)
- November 14th, 7 & 8 PM (Program TBA)
- November 21st, 7 & 8 PM (Program TBA)
The show schedule is subject to change. Descriptions of each program can be found on our public programs page.
Public Programs FAQ - questions and answers about our programs, making and breaking reservations, tickets, etc.
Fees and Donations
Our regular public planetarium shows are offered free of charge. However, we welcome donations of all sizes – please see our giving page for more information on giving to the planetarium. Your unrestricted, tax-deductable gifts will help support our public education and outreach activities in the Central Ohio community. Gifts to the Astronomy Planetarium will help fund the planetarium renovation, cover planetarium maintenance costs, and allow us to develop new programs and reduce costs for schools, scouting, and community groups. If you enjoy our programs, please consider donating to our Friends of the Planetarium Fund.