Public Show Information
Public programs are typically offered later in the week throughout the OSU Academic year. Advance reservation of seats through Eventbrite is strongly encouraged for guaranteed seating. Seats are filled first by those with reserved seats, and then walk-ins on a first-come, first serve basis. All planetarium shows are presented by students and faculty in OSU Department of Astronomy or the planetarium director. Seat reservations may be made on Eventbrite, beginning one week before the show at the show's start time. Many of our shows are sold out within 24 hours so it is a good idea to reserve your seat early. **Remember, it is not necessary to print out paper tickets! E-registration puts your name and reservation into our system so just come and enjoy the show. Tickets available about 1 week before a showing
- November 9th, 2018 - Astronomer Joel Zinn
- November 15th, 2018, 8 pm - OSAA Public Lecture - Prof. Courtney Dressing, U.C. Berkeley,
Searching for Nearby Planets with the Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite
- November 16th, 2018 - Astronomy Student Nikki Justice
- November 17th, 2018 - Astronomy Student Nikki Justice
- Additional programming will be posted as the semester starts. Typical programs avoid home football games and holidays. We will have several roof nights with telescopes this fall and will also post about our FOSAA and Public Lecture Series. Also, check out programs at the John Glenn Astronomy Park in the Hocking Hills.
Descriptions of each program can be found on our program descriptions page.
All of our public shows are accessible to children as part of the general audience.
Public Programs FAQ - questions and answers about our programs, making and breaking reservations, tickets, etc.
Fees and Donations
Our regular public planetarium shows are offered free of charge. However, we welcome donations of all sizes – please see our giving page for more information on giving to the planetarium. Your unrestricted, tax-deductible gifts will help support our public education and outreach activities in the Central Ohio community. Gifts to the Astronomy Planetarium will help fund the planetarium renovation, cover planetarium maintenance costs, and allow us to develop new programs and reduce costs for schools, scouting, and community groups. If you enjoy our programs, please consider donating to our Friends of the Planetarium Fund.